Saturday, August 26, 2017

The Power of Refreshment

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 238: Today, I am grateful for the power of refreshment.

So today, I prayed. "Lord, I'm pretty tired. I need some refreshment and restoration.

This was His reply:

"The generous will prosper;Those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed. -Proverbs 11:25

Is it God showing his sense of humor or responding with an answer to a very real need? Perhaps... it is a little of both. 

It is easy to focus on what I need, but true joy comes in being an agent of hope and encouragement for others. 

When we lift our hands in love and praise to the Father of the Stars, we find a unique strength that fuels us for whatever the road may bring. His light is reflected when we feel a renewed desire to lift up and love someone else. His grace is sufficient to meet our every need, to plot our course and to fill us with contentment. 

He restores our souls, and we can pass it on to others. 

Take a deep breath.


Today, I am grateful for the power of refreshment.


No comments:

Post a Comment