Friday, September 30, 2022

Friday Night Fires

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 274: Today, I am grateful  for Friday night fires. 

The air is brisk and the crackle of the wood fire almost sings that autumn is upon  us. I am not naïve  enough to think fall is here to stay. It is likely we will have some  hot days ahead, but the trend is leaning toward cooler.   55-75 degree days are my favorites. And of course, 75 degrees in my perfect temperature. 

There is something about the fellowship around a campfire. Perhaps it is the roasting o marshmallows ? Or, maybe it is the scent of the wood. Sweatshirts and blankets add to the coziness.

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." -Isaiah 43:2

We spend a great amount of time teaching children that fire is hot and can be dangerous. We seek fire anyway. Fire is mesmerizing. It draws us in. It brings us together as we seek the heat and  companionship. 

I can't help but think of the Nicole Nordeman song, 'Burning'. 

Today, I am grateful  for Friday night fires. 

No comments:

Post a Comment