Thursday, September 8, 2022

Our Strength and Our Portion... Forever!

 



Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 251: Today, I am grateful He is our strength and our portion... forever!

I cannot get enough of this verse.

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. " -Psalm 73:26

This body is not meant to last forever. It has an expiration date known only to God. We don't even know what "part" is going to go bad and give us trouble.

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. " -Psalm 73:26

We humans like to know things and do stuff. We get frustrated when we can't solve the problem. We feel like failures. Sometimes, He is simply reminding us to pause and ponder that He is our source. He is our help. He will sustain us. He is our "enough".

I spent a year on the word "enough". Praying and looking at in in scriptures.

I remember Mama Ina Mae looking at April and I and saying, "Enough!" if we were bickering like sisters do. "Enough", meant stop it, and stop it now!

The same word can mean different things. How were say it and our intent matter, too. I say, "Enough" when something is being filled and it is getting too full. "Enough" can be a request to stop, sometimes.

When my flesh and heart fail, His love kicks in

Today, I am grateful He is our strength and our portion... forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment