Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Slip Resistance

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 249: Today, I am grateful for slip resistance.

This is such a perfect verse for the world today. There is a slippery slope that makes some things seem okay because it is culturally acceptable. Acceptable does not make something good or right.

True story... this is not a new trend of modern times. Remember, every current time was a modern one. Every convenience and invention that made life easier is one they soon believed they were entitled to not live without.

I love the direction given to keep us on path. The instructions to help us sift through what is "modern", what is "culture" and what is offensive to God. I don't get to decide what is offensive to God. I am instructed to study to "show myself approved".

I am not saying it is easy. I get so many things wrong - some days go all wrong. I am saying we are directed to :

"Get up and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation." - Luke 22:39

Not get up and judge. Not get up and offer your own wisdom or interpretation. Get up and pray. Such sound advice and very modern wisdom. Timeless, in fact!

Praying means I am not complaining. Praying means my tongue isn't running wild and uncontrolled. Praying means I am not judging another human. Praying means I draw near to the Father and he draws near to me.

Today, I am grateful for slip resistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment