Saturday, September 3, 2022

Patterns to Follow

 


Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 246: Today, I am grateful for patterns to follow.

My friend, Holli, makes some of the most beautiful quilts I've seen. I love watching her talk about them because it makes her eyes light up. She takes patterns and magically brings them to life. For her, the patterns come to life in her imagination before she sews the first stitch.

Having a pattern does not mean you do not pour something of yourself into the project. In fact, I believe it is the exact opposite. A pattern is a guideline. It is a place to start. It gives the artist a place to start.

Paul gave these instructions in letters to the early church:

"What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us." -2 Timothy 1:13-14 

Keep the teaching sound. Know the pattern of sharing the Good News. Guard it. Share it. Celebrate. We follow the path to the cross, but each story of salvation is unique.

Today, I am grateful for patterns to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment