Sunday, November 26, 2023

Rays of Sunshine through a Window

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 329- Today, I am grateful for rays of sunshine through a window.

God is very clear about the importance of rest. We all need it. Without it, we really are a mess. It isn't easy in this busy season to pause and take in the goodness of the simple things. Take a break and rest in the sunshine. 

Our fur-baby, Daisy Mae, is ridiculously spoiled. She is a pain, but we adore her. One of her favorite things to do is stretch out in a sunbeam. She will follow sunbeams on the living room floor and loves to lay in them on her sofa. 

(Yes, we don't even try to pretend the sofa is ours. We are grateful we can give her nice things.)

As I thought about her pattern of behavior, I was reminded that I do the same thing. I stretch out my bare feet so they can be warmed by the sun. Sometimes, Daisy Mae and I share the sofa.  Occasionally all three of us cozy up, but one of us thinks that is too many on the couch. I will not name names. 

Laying in a sunbeam is a reminder to "Be Still." 

"He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;" Psalm 46:10

Today, I am grateful for rays of sunshine through a window.

No comments:

Post a Comment