Thursday, November 23, 2023

Trust His Goodness

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 326- Today, I am grateful for reminders to trust His goodness. 

"... Who said anything about safe? 'Course he isn't safe, but he's good. He's the King, I tell you." - C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe"

This is one of my favorite quotes from "The Chronicles of Narnia" book series by C.S. Lewis. He packs so much meaning into that little exchange. No, He is not safe. Yes, He is good. 

So many times when we are stretched beyond our comfort zones and understanding, it is where we come face to face with our God. The mystery of it all brings me to a place of wonder and awe. 

His goodness is greater than all of my failures. It is greater than all of my disappointments. His goodness is found in His love and mercy. 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take." -Proverbs 3:5-6

The road is rarely easy. There are always plot twists and turns, but we are never alone. 

Today, I am grateful for reminders to trust His goodness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment