Sunday, March 13, 2016

Daylight Savings






Year 4-Day 73: Today...I am grateful Daylight Savings Time is temporary! 

I am not a fan of Daylight Savings Time.  It means the body loses a precious hour and has to reprogram until DST ends in October. It is a season we must endure. My mind races to the well known passage in Ecclesiastes 3.

To every thing there is a season. It is a great devotional read for this morning. As a farmer's daughter...I learned this one early. It was quoted in our home...and it provided guidelines for living. 


 For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:

a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.
The God-Given Task
What gain has the worker from his toil? 10 I have seen the business that God has given to the children of man to be busy with. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end. 12 I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live; 13 also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil—this is God's gift to man. 

Praise God this season of political adds and commentary will end no matter how the election turns out! 
Praise Him if we have honorable work to do that pays a wage and we enjoy it. 
Give thanks if there is food int he fridge and on the table.
Hold this season with reverence for the gift holy, God-granted gift of this day. 
We can embrace each new season...and grieve when there is loss. It is all in His perfect time...although His timing can be mystery from our perspective. It is so clear from His viewpoint. 
I am grateful that I can choose to embrace that he has placed eternity in our hearts, so that we may live free. Free from the worry of one season that he has promised is temporary. 
But in my human shortcomings...I will long for my missing hour until I get it back. Although...I can re-frame it as being spared one hour of political propaganda. 
Today...I am grateful Daylight Savings Time is temporary

No comments:

Post a Comment