Saturday, March 12, 2016

Training...Freehand

Year 4-Day 72: Today, I am grateful for training.

Psalm 18:31-35 "For who is God, but the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God? --the God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless.He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights.
He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.You have given me the shield of your salvation, and your right hand supported me, and your gentleness made me great."

My nieces are archers. They practice. This verse addresses that our God trains us at times... not just gifts us with talent ... but trains our hands. Talent and training combined are a formidable combination.
There is strength in training as any athlete, musician, physician, artist or soldier knows.
He equips us. Strengthens us. Shields us. Supports us. And,then, in His strength we can be gentle. He makes us brave!
There is a confidence built through training. Excellence is a result. Our God is ready and able to train us, use us, protect us and empower us for whatever battles may come.
We can be encouraged by His Spirit on the journey.
This new page is from my journaling Bible. Freehand drawing is scary...but when's offered as worship...the best of what I have to offer, there is sweet communion with My Lord.
I am grateful artists Tricia Kibler and Ashley Wood for their their inspiration and encouragement to try another freehand image.
Today, I am grateful for training.

No comments:

Post a Comment