Friday, March 4, 2016

Focus

Year 4-Day 64: Today, I am grateful for the ability to adjust my focus! 

Vision continues to be my one little word to consider with focus this year.  This image brought me right back to that decision. Focus is what clouds or clears our vision. 

Where do I place my focus? 

Our power of choice, to act outside of what human nature would dictate, is what make humans God's masterpiece. We are His amazing act of courage... and love... when he breathed into us His breathe and allowed us to choose or reject Him.  We get to choose our focus.  

This reality...combined with the constant reminder to love Him and love each as "the main thing"... seems to give me "something to work on for a lifetime. 

Focus on the good.  

1 Timothy 4:4-5 states: "For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer." 

His creation is good. How we chose to use it is not always good.  Note the importance of being grateful. Gratitude changes things. "God is good." Our choices are not always good.  Focus matters. 

This articulate scripture from Hebrews is full of hope and vision. Let's pull it into focus today. 

Hebrews 12:1-2 - "Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God."

We can...in Him...take this day.  

Looking to Jesus...who endured the cross...in our place. Powerful.  

We can imagine the faces on the "cloud of witnesses" who have run the race before us. Moses...Daniel and "the boys"... Esther... Ruth... Joseph... David... Peter... Paul... Mary... Martha... Lazarus... and so many more. Focus and be encouraged. 

When Crabby Gabby crosses our path...focus.
When Needy Nelly needs a little more...focus.
When Whiney Willie invites us to jump on the complain train...focus.
When the clock seems to tick too slow...focus.

Oh boy...that thought woke up my Earworm and he is singing "Be Thou My Vision". It moves my soul like few other hymns. I will let Glad help him at their A capella best!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojqbN3yjOWs

Today, I am grateful for the ability to adjust my focus! 





No comments:

Post a Comment