Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Pho-Vietnamese Soup


Year 4-Day 61:  Today, I am grateful for Pho - Vietnamese Soup.

There is nothing like soup for comfort.  I could, seriously, eat soup for dinner most nights and be perfectly content.  It is cozy cooking and makes the house smell like a home. 

Pho is a Vietnamese noodle soup I have not yet attempted at home, but I just might have to try.  If I am smart...I will enlist some kids to help...as they introduced us to the wonder of Pho. It is a noodle soup - often beef based, but can be chicken or shrimp too. 

Fresh, healthy food is a luxury I take for granted. Every day, I have a grocery store close at hand with safe food. Still, I cannot go buy Pho and bring it home.  I am not sure we can even purchase all the fresh ingredients without hitting the Asian market in Peoria. 

So...along with Pho...I am grateful for Than Linh's on Main Street in Peoria near Bradley University's campus town.  Saturday soup (famous in our crowd and served only on Saturday's until it is gone) or any of the Pho selections available daily. 

Chicken soup is good and good for the soul...but I recommend Pho! 

Genesis 9:3 - "Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything."

Pho uses a bit of "everything". It is pretty, too. I throw in the basil, but my cilantro loving friends will love the add in cilantro. Squeeze the lime and leave it in the bottom of the soup bowl until you finish your soup. I don't know why...but the lime is important. It is a finishing touch. It is not the same without it. 

Today, I am grateful for Pho...and Than Linh's! 

No comments:

Post a Comment