Sunday, February 19, 2023

Commitment

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 50: Today, I am grateful for commitment.

We live in a world where real commitments are more infrequent. There is more boldness, more impulsiveness, more deception, more self-focus, and more chasing that elusive thing called happiness. The crazy thing is, those things do not bring peace and contentment.

They are cups that leak . They are never full and they drain the joy out of our days.

"Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. To these I commit my day. If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek his grace. And then, when this day is done, I will place my head on my pillow and rest." -Max Lucado

Max is a smart guy. He knows that it matters to what and to whom we commit our days. When we are intentional in our relationships with others... and with God... it changes everything. Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control are like an ambrosia salad. Each ingredient is delightful on its own, but when they come together they make something truly special.

"But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness," -Galatians 5:55

If we commit our days to these things, all of our other commitments fall into place. We are not given instructions to make us "behave." We are given guidelines for living to set us free!

Today, I am grateful for commitment.




No comments:

Post a Comment