Sunday, February 5, 2023

The Song "My Jesus"

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 36: Today, I am grateful for the song, "My Jesus". 

My Jesus by Anne Wilson has been my "right song and the right time" all week... then it was a worship song this morning. There are seasons when a song wraps us up in truth, grace and mercy. It is that kind of song. 

(Song excerpt) "He makes the way where there ain't no way. Rises up from an empty grave. Ain't no sinner that he can't save... Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus. "

A multi-chapter read through Genesis today was a reminder that God's specialty is making good from our messes. The Bible is full of imperfect people. Chapter after chapter, we find those who were wronged by the ones who should have been loving, honoring and protecting them. So often, we try to run ahead of God instead of patiently waiting on His plan to unfold... especially when we are scared or hurting. 

(Song excerpt) "Who can wipe away the tears? From broken dreams and wasted years And tell the past to disappear? Oh Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus!" 

Our hearts can rest in the truth that he does not abandon His children. Even when life hurts. When we don't understand his ways... we can always trust His heart. 

"For the word of the Lord holds true, and we can trust everything he does. He loves whatever is just and good; the unfailing love of the Lord fills the earth."-Psalm 33:4-5

(Song excerpt) "Let my Jesus change your life!"

Today, I am grateful for the song, "My Jesus". 

No comments:

Post a Comment