Saturday, February 11, 2023

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 42: Today, I am grateful for a word picture of "love." 

Many know this passage and can recite parts of it. 1 Corinthians 13 is used for weddings and other moments when "love" is the main theme. 

Imagine what this description of "love"  looks like in real life. 

"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged." -1 Corinthians 13:4-5

I imagine an elderly couple holding hands. I see the grandparents patiently waiting on a toddler when the parents are tired and frustrated. 

I see the one who credits others on a team, sharing any accolades. I see a young mother reading the same book for the 100th time... this week.  I see the starting player ask the coach for bench time to let a teammate see some game time. 

I see the  young father who lets the little ones "help" and doubling the time it takes to do a project. Love has so many different faces and each one is precious. 

I see the bag of cookies that arrives at birthdays and just because from the best cookie baker in the neighborhood... because it is a way of showing love. 

I see the people who truly see other people. Seeing their hurts and their happy moments. 

 Today, I am grateful for a word picture of "love." 

No comments:

Post a Comment