Thursday, February 23, 2023

Verse 13

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 54: Today, I am grateful for verse 13.

Most people know this passage:

"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me." -Jeremiah 29:11-13

It hangs on the walls of many homes. It is often quoted... at least the first half. 

This verse is special to me because a student taught me to read beyond 29:11. He said, "Mrs. Smith, everyone loves to quote Jeremiah 29:11, but 29:11 is nothing without verse 13. 

If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.

We have to seek Him with our whole hearts. 

We must have undivided hearts that can focus on Him without distractions from cell phones, computers, text messages, and so much more. We must choose to seek Him out. 

It is a simple lesson, but not always easy. 

Today, I am grateful for verse 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment