Monday, October 10, 2022

His Purpose Prevails

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 283: Today, I am grateful His purpose prevails.

Theology can make my head hurt. I have to read C.S. Lewis in small bites, and then I chew on it. My understanding is limited at times by my earth vision. I don't have God-goggles. 

I often pray, "Lord help me to see what you  want me to see and to do what you want me to do." but then I fall into making my own plans.  I, shamefully,  get frustrated when my plans are interrupted. In my frustration, it is easy to miss the "Holy Appointments" God has planned for our days. 

This scripture brings me direction and comfort:

You can make many plans, but the Lord’s purpose will prevail. - Proverb 19:21

One of the big ideas in theology most wrestle with is the sovereignty of God. My friend, Kristin, sent me a quote I have never forgotten. "You might have a better idea, but you don't have a universe." Humbling, right? 

Have you ever played Jenga? It is a game with a tower of wood. You pull out blocks and stack them on top. The game is over, when the tower gets too unbalanced and falls. Is there a lesson in that game? 

The universe has many moving people and pieces. So many souls that need saving. We were given choices and free will. All things working together, according to "His purpose", does not mean our ways do not get in His way. Oh, the little plot twists we take in life. Some intentional and others by accident. Evil roams the earth and other things get in our way. It is all complicated, right? 

One thing I know for sure. It is His desire that we find our way back to Him. He came, lived, preached, suffered and died so that we could be redeemed. He paid the price. Paid in full! He doesn't want us to hold out until we miss out. 

Today, I am grateful His purpose prevails.

No comments:

Post a Comment