Tuesday, October 11, 2022

My Soul Waits

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 284: Today, I am grateful my soul waits. 

A person can have a sickly body and a well soul. Praise God for this truth! We can choose it daily. Many of us have health issues we live with daily that are beyond our control. 

It is easy to let the health of our physical bodies interrupt and consume our mental health.  Pain and suffering are not pleasant. We don't typically choose them.  Still, in the valleys associated with suffering, we find a very real God waiting for us.

"For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation." -Psalm 62:1

In the silence, he is present. In His strength, we find enough to sustain the day, whatever "enough" is.  Whatever we need, He provides, but we must learn to wait. 

Patience is a virtue. Patience isn't always easy, but the practice of patience is a powerful response to stress, trials, suffering and even loss. We are reminded of the source or our strength:

"So do not be attracted by strange, new ideas. Your strength comes from God’s grace, not from rules about food, which don’t help those who follow them. " -Hebrews 13:9

We can lean into His grace for strength  and there our souls wait.

Today, I am grateful my soul waits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment