Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Soul Food

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 298: Today, I am grateful for passages that speak to my soul. 

Oh my goodness!!! What a passage!!!

Why have I not memorized this one and added it to my "life verses" list. It embraces so much of what I love and how God speaks to me. He speaks so often through the psalms, the hymns of faith and songs my spirit loves to sing. 

"singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music to the Lord in your hearts. And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." -Ephesians 5:19-20

My friend, Sally, who recently moved to her heavenly address left a wonderful playlist for her family and loved ones to enjoy. It means so much to listen to the songs that spoke to her heart. I smile when I come across the ones we shared. It was not uncommon for us to introduce the other to a particular passage or song that spoke to our souls. So many were "our songs". They  make me smile. They choke me up, as the loss still feels fresh. Some take my breath away because they speak to the goodness of God, even when life has its trials. 

One of the songs, "What Do I Know of Holy" by Addison Road is a song that has been around for quite a few years now. The lyrics still make me pause to ponder the greatness of our God. It helps me reconcile that my human mind has human limitations, but my soul breath came from Him. 

Some songs, my soul seems to know. "Bless the Lord Oh my Soul (Ten Thousand Reasons)" is another one. It was on her list, too. 

So many more... "Even If", "The Queen of Iowa", and "His Heart Beats" are a few more favorites. 

When  music brings a poem to life... or music gives a poem a heart... something happens. Something real. Something holy. Something more. In that moment, we are brought to His throne of mercy and grace.   

"And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Yes, this passage speaks to my soul. 

Today, I am grateful for passages that speak to my soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment