Sunday, October 9, 2022

Time Travel by Picture

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 282: Today, I am grateful an image can take us back in time.

My cousin, Marj, shared this image about 10 years ago. In a minute I am swept back to the days of spending nights at Grandpa and Grandma Lindgren's with the cousins we won when Grandpa married Grandma.  Marji and I are singing. Apparently, April and Candace were supposed to be applauding our efforts. 

That room, the furniture and the company bring back so many memories. The images are priceless. I remember the dresses April and I wore. I believe Mama made them. They were so soft. 

Grandma's printing on the photo is an additional gift in the image. How many recipes are in Mama's recipe box in Grandma Marge's handwriting? Quite a few, I am sure. 

Don't forget to pause and take the picture. We never know when it will become a priceless treasure. Print it out. Identify the people and the reason gathered. Even ordinary days... especially ordinary days... are worth capturing. April has been gone for 27 years. She only spent just short of 28  years on this earth. Time flies by so fast.  

As we remember her 55th birthday, I am so grateful for pictures like this one. Seasons of matching dresses (that we didn't always appreciate at the time) and sleepovers with cousins. Life was simple and sweet. We don't remember much of what we said or did, but we remember the love. 

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." -1 Corinthians 13:13

Today, I am grateful an image can take us back in time.


No comments:

Post a Comment