Monday, October 24, 2022

Not Lukewarm

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 297: Today, I am grateful for cups that prevent my drinks from becoming lukewarm. 

This new cup was a gift from a dear friend. I love it. It keeps hot things hot and cold things cold. Really cold. If I put ice in it before bed, there is still ice in the morning. I love that little design feature. 

Coffee, tea and cacao need to be hot, hot, hot! I like my water ice cold. 

They say it is better to drink water at room temperature, but the temperature extremes make me happy.  I am not a fan of lukewarm. 

Apparently, God is not  a fan of the lukewarm condition, either. The church at Laodicea looked great from the outside, but there was no passion. 

"I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other!  But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth! " Revelation 3:15-16

Oh how easy complacency slips into the margins once reserved for the Holy! "I will spit you out" is a definite rejection. 

Appearances can be deceiving. In Christ, we can know with confidence who we are and where we are going. That knowledge should keep us from growing lukewarm. 

Today, I am grateful for cups that prevent my drinks from becoming lukewarm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment