Thursday, October 13, 2022

Listening Ear

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 286: Today, I am grateful for a listening ear.

Most of us want to be "heard". When we speak, we hope someone listens. I remember the days of toddlers all around. They have very selective hearing at times. Don't we all? 

This passage is dear to my heart. Many years ago, a student wore it on his T-shirt:

 "In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me." -Jeremiah 29:12-13

I commented, "I really like your shirt." He replied, "Mrs. Smith, everyone loves Jeremiah 29:11, but it is really about verses 12 and 13."  

I love learning from kids. This particular student had been through some tough stuff at a young age. Big grief and big loss. Still, he found his hope in The One who keeps his promises. 

From that moment on, I kept the three verses linked together in my memory.  Our God does plans for us, but we must seek Him with our whole heart. He hears our prayers and makes his presence known. 

"You will find me." Such a beautiful promise.

Today, I am grateful for a listening ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment