Thursday, October 6, 2022

Where I Find God

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 279: Today, I am grateful for  "That's Where I find God". 

Larry Fleet  (with Morgan Wallen) sings this song.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_4s8HbDgto

The song is new to me. It struck a perfect chord. 

It is so humble and honest. The best songs are.  It is a reminder that our God doesn't want to be mysterious and distant. He wants to be in the most intimate moments of our lives. The simple moments are sometimes the most holy ones. 

I love it when God makes his presence known in unexpected places.

 Do I recognize the "hymn" in the cicada's or cricket's song? In the raspy cry of  a newborn, do I sense His voice? In the rustling fall leaves that paint the landscape so many shades of green, yellow, red, orange and brown... do I see God? We all have places and moments when we come face to face with the reality of a mighty and present Lord. 

Our prayers don't have to be fancy. Whether we are looking for Him or not (or perhaps trying to hide from Him)... He is omnipresent. We need only "be still" to know he is there. 

Do I find Him in that first cup of coffee or dancing in my kitchen? This scripture is on the wall above my kitchen sink:

“Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.” - Psalm 46:10

He's not in a bottle or a pill. He's not on Wall Street or Rodeo Drive in LA. He is wherever we find ourselves with no other face to face with His truth. It is the moment we bow our heads in submission to the truth that Jesus is who he claimed to be. We can believe and receive in a heartbeat. What was lost is found, redeemed and restored. The weight of the world is lifted.

"If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." -Romans 10:9

Today, I am grateful for  "That's Where I find God". 

No comments:

Post a Comment