Sunday, October 30, 2022

Special Greetings

 Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 303: Today, I am grateful for special greetings.

This video was sent by my Cousins, Larry and Dawn. Aunt Helen was with them for a weekend visit. Aunt Helen is a fan favorite in our neighborhood, at church, with the family and everywhere else she goes.
Aunt Helen is special needs, according to the majority of the the world. We just think she is special. She is developmentally anywhere from age 7-13, depending on the task or skill. She was the grown who happily played games with us when we were little.
She never grew up… we did. Our love for her continues to grow each year. She is perfectly precious… even when she is stubborn or determined. Our children adore her, too.
In our busy lives, it is easy to forget that she lives for time with family… us! She lives in a CILLA home with a roommate she loves. She enjoys her work at the Community Workshop Training Center and sees no reason to retire.
She thinks about her family all the time. Her devotion is beautiful, pure and sincere.
I believe Dawn told me she had a Halloween Party and did not want Dawn be to pick her up until after the party. She never misses a party! She didn’t want to miss out on family time with Aunt Judy and her Clifton Family. They got her on Saturday.
Today, at lunch she said, “Tomorrow is Valerie’s birthday.”
Now, I was the first niece, but I am one of many. It delights my soul that she remembers it. It helps it is on Halloween. Larry and Dawn sent me this message I can keep forever.
Now, you get a glimpse at the person we all find so dear.
Aunt Helen embodies the love of the Lord. She is the first to:
“Rejoice with those who rejoice; weep with those who weep.” -Romans 12:15
I love you Aunt Helen! Thank you, Larry and Dawn.
I am grateful for this special greeting and for the example of love and devotion she has shown us all for all of her years.
Today, I am grateful for special greetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment