Friday, October 7, 2022

Thirst

 Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 280: Today, I am grateful for thirst.

Without thirst, we could forget to drink. Without water, we die. Thirst can feel inconvenient, but it can be lifesaving. 

If you've ever worked the fields in the heat of summer, the water break at the end of a row tastes like heaven.  The closer you get to the water cooler, the more your thirst grows. Is it psychological? Probably, partially. But close proximity  seems to increase desire. 

I love this passage. It was my verse of the day:

"You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water." -Psalm 63:1

Do we thirst for Him with our whole being? With everything in  us, do we see His companionship? To earnestly seek a relationship with Him changes everything. 

Today, I am grateful for thirst.

No comments:

Post a Comment