Sunday, June 23, 2024

Construction

 

Gratitude Year 12- Day 175: Today, I am grateful for construction. 

When I first see indicators of construction, my instant concern is "how much time will I lose." That is not pretty, but it is honest. 

Today, I will intentionally choose to be grateful for the men and women who work in extreme temperatures to help improve our roads. The days can be long and the dangers are real. 

I wanted to pause and say, "Thank you."  I am, also, reminded that our lives are constantly under construction, too, when we submit to His will and His ways. 

Our former youth minister and his wife were in church today. Jon and Lindsay shared about the beautiful work they are doing with Native American community near Phoenix. Jon is now in leadership and they have several other ministries set up in that part of the country. It is incredible to hear the stories of how needs are being met and the gospel is being shared. At times, they have buildings and programs under construction while they are building the Kingdom. 

Construction can be exhausting work. 

"But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." -Isaiah 40:31

Today, I am grateful for construction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment