Saturday, June 29, 2024

Exercises in Self-Control


 Gratitude Year 12- Day 181: Today, I am grateful for exercises in self-control.

"I'm having people over to stare at their phones later, if you want to come by..."

That hit the nail on the head, right? We try really hard to put the phones away when we are with our family and friends. It seems as if once the phones come out, they remain out. It is so had to leave questions unanswered knowing a quick search would lead to an answer for all. 

I don't have pockets in most of my clothes, so my phone gets neglected more than some... it gets misplaced more often, too. Still, I am as guilty as the next person when it comes to the itch to search for answers to my questions. 

Self-control is is a fruit of His spirit. It is tougher to do it on our own. Even the longest fuses run out. 

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." - 2 Timothy 1:7

Today, I am grateful for exercises in self-control.

No comments:

Post a Comment