Sunday, June 16, 2024

My Children's Father

 

Gratitude Year 12- Day 168: Today, I am grateful for my children's father... the Love of my Life... my Randy. 

This picture is from one of our many trips to Florida. This one is special because Randy's dad, Jake,  was with us for a couple of days. He joined us for our day at Animal Kingdom. I think all of "the boys" had a great day, including their Uncle Monte who was with us for part of it. 

I've often said that our kids were blessed that Randy's family lived in great vacation spots. Trips to Traverse  City/Interlochen/Kingsley, MI and Polk County Florida provided many hours of fun, and several beaches were a short drive. This picture is from one of those trips. 

Randy has always been the most attentive  co-parent. He never "babysat" our children if I had a commitment. He parented. Most days ended with him in a recliner with a boy on each arm of the chair. It really was the sweetest of seasons in our life. 

Being a Dad is a big responsibility. He does not take it lightly. He was and still is present in their lives. They know they can count on him. They love driving him crazy. They appreciate his willingness to drop everything if they need something. 

They have learned so much about God's love watching the way he loves them and how he treats others. 

"The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him." -Psalm 103:13

Today, I am grateful for my children's father... the Love of my Life... my Randy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment