Wednesday, June 5, 2024

One Task at a Time

 

Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 157: Today, I am grateful for one task at a time. 

Life is full of multi-tasking. Sometimes I do a great job. Somedays, I drop one ball and it all falls apart. 

I actually delight in the times I can take one thing at a time. I am guilty of finding room on the plate, even when it is full. I need to do better. 

"When you feel overwhelmed, remember a little at a time is how it gets done. One thing, one task, one moment at a time." -unknown 

I am so grateful we have quite a few men walking  this daily gratitude journey with us. I always learn from their thoughts and comments.  I think our men are often better at doing "first things first." They attack tasks like a call to duty. For women, we seem to put a high value on our multi-tasking abilities. 

Now, as humans, we are all different. In other homes, the guy might be the multi-tasker. (Please forgive my blanket statements. I know we are all unique.) It is good to delight in our differences and to be in partnerships with people who have different skills and gifts. We are better together. Plain and simple. 

I am grateful that we were given only one day at a time. I am beyond grateful that His mercies are new every morning. 

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." -Lamentations 3:22-23

Today, I am grateful for one task at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment