Monday, June 17, 2024

The Review Mirror

Gratitude Year 12- Day 169: Today, I am grateful for the rearview mirror. 

My current vehicle is my first with a back-up camera. What a wonderful addition to my car gadgets. Still, nothing replaces rearview mirrors. Seeing what is behind us can be very revealing.

When we hand over the steering wheel  and let the Lord "direct our paths", there is no guarantee of a quiet ride. In the craziest of times, we hold on tight and pray!  

One thing I know for certain is that our God is always good. His character can be trusted. His commandments are clear. He does not abandon His children... ever! Ann Voskamp sums it up nicely:

 “God reveals Himself in rearview mirrors.
And I’ve an inkling that there are times when we need to drive a long, long distance, before we can look back and see God’s back in the rearview mirror.  Maybe sometimes about as far as heaven—that kind of distance.”
~One Thousand Gifts, Ann Voskamp

Her words are true. 

Today, I am grateful for the rearview mirror. 

No comments:

Post a Comment