Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Fear Busters

Gratitude Year 12- Day 178: Today, I am grateful for fear busters.

"Who you gonna call?" If you grew up in the 80's, the answer is, "Ghostbusters!" And you have to kind of sing it as you shout the answer. Oh, those 80's movies stick with us. (Oh, great... no my Earworm is stuck on that song.)

We all want someone to call when things get scary.

Frankly, when I contemplate all of the troubles in the world, I am grateful He takes the wheel and guides the way. He is in the red lights... the yellow lights, and the green lights when it is time to move. 

Another wise quote from Elisabeth Elliot"


"Fear arises when we imagine everything depends on us." -Elisabeth Elliot    

We know intellectually that it does not, but that does not keep the fight or flight feelings from popping up at different times. Our imaginations can be very active at any age. 

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." -Isaiah 41:10

Today, I am grateful for fear busters.

No comments:

Post a Comment