Sunday, July 17, 2016

July 10-Humor with a message

Gratitude Year 4-Day 191: Today, I am grateful for humor with a message.
Laughter helps us remember. It helps drive a point home. For me, this cartoon on forgiveness hits a sweet spot.
"Forgive. Because it is easier than math. Math is hard."
This is in reference to this passage in the Bible:
"Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”
Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times. "-Matthew 18:21-22
Forgiveness frees the heart. Math is not my favorite subject. The choice seems practical. If only it were that easy.
Next time I am struggling... I will remember this image.
I am grateful for humor with a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment