Friday, July 8, 2016

Storm Chasing

Gratitude Year 4-Day 189: Today, I am grateful for storms worth chasing. 

The energy of a storm is mesmerizing. The flash of the lighting before the strike and the rumble of thunder are exciting. A combination of wonder with a dose of healthy fear. I love a storm when watching from a safe location. 

I am, also, grateful for the people in my life that are bit like a storm. They roll through with flashes of energy and rolling confidence as they make things happen. I am grateful and in awe of these people. They are people who are different from me... but I need them in my world.  They make things happen with seemingly little effort.  Tasks that would overwhelm me on my own, become manageable, doable and then they are done. Some storms are worth chasing. 

God, in his infinite wisdom, gives us different gifts. When we use our gifts in harmony it brings life to our days and beauty to our world. The Love of my Life is a storm worth chasing.  He awes me with what he can accomplish when he takes on a task. He is more big picture and I like the details and finishing touches. It is good when our mates compliment us. 

Cleaning and purging brings him joy in the process...and the satisfaction of a job well done and checked off the list of "to dos". I find agony in the purging process (if an item can be recycled, up-cycled or re-purposed) and ...but joy when the pitching is finished and something is clean, fresh and maybe even with empty space.

He mega cleans. I micro clean. He clears out. I polish. We can accomplish so much more together. Iike to think we are better together.  He can get it clean, moved and repaired. I can make it special, memorable or pretty. Go team! 

I have friends who are more like him. They make good partners at work and in service. Together- we can do more and do it better. 

Who are your storms?  I think Jesus had a few tornadoes. Peter was a tornado. What about the brothers James & John, the sons of Zebedee.? He had a name for them. 

James the son of Zebedee and John the brother of James (to whom he gave the name Boanerges, that is, Sons of Thunder) -Mark 3:17

Son's of thunder...bet they fit that description. Paul...we know he lived life out-loud. Jesus called other personality types to create a healthy balance. Each one made a difference in the kingdom. They complimented each other as they served together.

In my little world, I am grateful for storms worth chasing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment