Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Timeless Classics

Gratitude Year 4-Day 187: Today, I am grateful for timeless classics.
In fashion...you never go wrong with a timeless classic. The little black dress (okay, "little" is a relative term). Pearls. Jean skirts (I will not debate this one). Genuine Levis. White blouse and a dark colored pant or skirt. Pea Coats. Trench coats. Sheath dresses. French Chignons, up-dos and wispy soft curls. Hounds-tooth check.
Recently I saw a post about simplifying your life by limiting your wardrobe to 37 - 40 items. (Gasp!)
Now...surely this does NOT include shoes, boots, scarves and other accessories. Still, the idea appealed to me. I fancy the concept of that kind of overhaul ...but I am sure the reality would bring me to tears before completion.
Not because I am sentimental about clothes. I simply love the art of putting different pieces together in a variety of ways. If I ever did consider such a change - my closet would be full of classics: black bottoms, plain tops and classically styled dresses (as they only count as one piece). My accessories would still need their own closet.
In fashion, styles come an go, but the classics we keep around. They require little thought so we can focus on more important things. In life, there are timeless truths:
Our parents get smarter as we get older.
If you live long enough...you will hear your parents words coming out of your mouth.
Good manners are always in fashion.
Character still counts.
Kindness is more important that rightness.
Doing the right thing still matters.
In the end, love always wins...or it isn't the end.
Barefoot is best.
Laughter frees the soul.
Dancing is good for your heart.
God's word is true and will stand.
"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."- Matthew 24:35
Yes..the Word of God is timeless, too.
Presidents will come and go. Interest rates will rise and fall. The stock market will fluctuate. Our God does not change. Bank on it.
“I the Lord do not change." Malachi 3:6a
Today, I am grateful for timeless classics.

No comments:

Post a Comment