Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Order

Daily Gratitude Year 4- Day 201: Today, I am grateful for order.


Order is a beautiful thing. Chaos is scary. 

I really do like things in order. A clean space is a happy space. Even in the creative mess of my Scrapcave, I do better when there is order. Actually, my creative space is is deceptively organized mess. 

Don't laugh, but alphabetical order and Roy G Biv (the rainbow order of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo & violet) for colors make me giddy. Oh, yes. Order is a beautiful thing. 

Now, the process can be painful. From disorder to order, often requires change. A change of habits, a change of location, a change of process and a change of daily stuff management. I like to completely clean things out and then put things back with order. Clean slate style. 

The Love of my Life calls it micro-cleaning. He prefers I do it when he is not around as the mess gets worse before it gets better. His offers to help scare me. He would definitely be done faster and the dumpster would fill quickly. Still, I like to be sure before I purge. 

I think there is a lesson in simplicity to be learned. Too much stuff leads to disorder. Disorder raises anxiety. Real simple can result in real peace. God's peace. 

"For God is not a God of confusion but of peace." -1 Corinthians 14:33

What "stuff"? Anything that creates overload, chaos and mess in our world. Where can we simplify? Limit the "extra" activities. Buy all the same brand and style socks to make matching easy (I really need to do this...the sock basket is my nemesis). I like to alphabetize spices. Designate a day for certain tasks. Order is comfort. 

When we create order...we imitate our Creator who hung universe in place. Creating order... perhaps, it is a taste of heaven. Not boring. Simply wonderful. 

Today, I am grateful for order.

No comments:

Post a Comment