Thursday, March 15, 2018

Faith Starves Fear

Year 6-Day 74: Today, I am grateful faith starves fear.

There are moments that God comes so close that we pause because the chills (the good ones) make us tingle with the knowledge that He is near. It is not unusual for these moments to happen in the midst of utter chaos, trials and confusion. When faith is all we are holding on to... we realize that it is enough. He is enough. And... He always was.

When Moses tells God to come up with a better plan (only Moses would do this), God asks, "Is my arm to short?" When he makes his own suggestions for spokespeople for the campaign and leadership team, Moses resists. When Moses challenges God with "Who do I tell them sent me? God replies, "I AM".

I AM. It is one of my favorite names of God. So simply but dazzling at the same time.

I WAS. I AM.
I WILL BE.

The Alpha and Omega... beginning and the end.. the Word that reigns forever... Yahweh... Redeemer... Friend. (Earworm is singing old Carmen songs this morning.)

Faith in this omnipotent, omnipresent (not limited by our time and space rules) and omniscient God takes a little courage but it leads to flying.

"Feed your fears and your faith will starve. Feed your faith and your fears will starve."_Max Lucado

I love when Jesus challenges the disciples to with this question.

 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” -Matthew 16:15

Today might seem heavy or confusing... or simply strange. When faith is challenged and fear wants to fight its way into our days, we can smile and remember Peter's bold confession of belief in his answer.

 “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” -Matthew 16:15

Knowing it. Receiving it. Claiming its power. It makes all the difference. 

Today, I am grateful faith starves fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment