Monday, June 25, 2018

Life in a Notthern Town


Daily Gratitude Year 6-Day 175: Today, I am grateful for life in a Northern Town.

The Love of My Life is a Michigan boy. Traverse City is his home and it is a beautiful place in winter and summer. I prefer summer. The little nearby towns of Kingsley and Interlochen are still home to many of his extended family.

There are so many things I love about the area. The bay will take your breath away... not just with it’s beauty, but with it’s freezing cold waters. The wild life is ample and nature sings the beauty of the Lord.

Today, we visited a farm with Holstein cows in the pasture and a famous ice cream shop on the land.  We parked by the barn and made our way to the farm fresh goodness. Our little niece, Adelynn was wowed by the cows and the treats. It was so much fun.

I was reminded as I looked over the pasture of the scripture in Psalm 50:10-11 that says,

“For all the animals of the forest are mine,
    and I own the cattle on a thousand hills.  I know every bird on the mountains,and all the animals of the field are mine.”

It is all his and we are the stewards. How seriously do we take his tender care? It is the best. The very best.

Today, I am grateful for life in a Northern Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment