Monday, June 18, 2018

Pinterest

Daily Gratitude Year 6- Day 169: Today, I am grateful for Pinterest.

The joke is that I get on Pinterest and come out 3 days later. It is more truth than fiction. Still, it is a wonderful resource for just about anything.  For those of us who nurture our creative sides, it is like going to the most amazing fair or art show. For those who cook, it is an endless cookbook with legitimate success... and our favorite epic fails. 

Test spot... and then we pressed on. 

On Pinterest, we don't take ourselves to seriously. We dream big dreams. I have the most amazing porches and sunrooms there. Bathrooms and kitchens, too. 

Pinterest if half responsible for me "breaking the house" last summer with my epic fail... but it turned out just fine in the end. In fact, it wasn't the end of the story, until it did turn out alright.  

Disaster! 
I wanted to whitewash the fireplace, but I was inexperienced. There were some imperfections in the mortar that made the job even harder. When I finished, it was a mess. The Love of my Life made fun of me, but he did not throw a fit. We jumped into problem solving mode. He was sweet about my attempts for an inexpensive update to the decor. This picture does not do justice to how bad it really was.  

A new paint, a Wagner sprayer and some teamwork and we had a lovely, fresh fireplace in a color we both like. Goodbye 1970's!  Hello, fresh fireplace face! 

The thing I love about Pinterest is that it gives us the courage to try new things. It inspires us to live creatively and think outside of the box. It reminds us that a little adventure is just a Pinterest pin away.

Fresh. New. And a splash of my favorite blue.
At the end of the day, my failure was washed away and all things were made new. Well, isn't that an easy transition to spiritual things. 

"And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”"-Revelation 21:5 

There are times I mess up, but his grace and his promises are true for me and for you. I love a new thing.  His grace is fresh every morning. I don't need to fret or fuss. I only need to pray, listen, trust and obey. 

What new thing is he doing in your life right now? Is it time for a little adventure. I think there are times the enemy whispers words of fear so that we miss some of the blessings, goodness and adventures the Father has for us. 

Live with courage. Walk in faith. And, if you fail at something... make it an epic adventure. Failures and disappointments are often the training ground for the good things He has ahead. No need to fear them, just plow through them. 

Yes, I am grateful for the skill building, teaching,  idea sparking, helpful resource known as Pinterest. 

Today, I am grateful for Pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. My father had ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) for 3 years His first symptoms were weakness in his hands and losing his balance which led to stumbling and falling. He never lost the ability to swallow or breathe. His one hand, then his legs, were affected first; then his arms. The Rilutek (riluzole) did very little to help him. The medical team did even less. His decline was rapid and devastating. The psychological support from the medical centre was non-existent and if it were not for the sensitive care and attention of his primary physician, he would have died . There has been little if any progress in finding a cure or reliable treatment. So this year his primary physician suggested we started him on Natural Herbal Gardens ALS Herbal mixture which eased his anxiety a bit,We ordered their ALS herbal treatment after reading alot of positive reviews, i am happy to report this ALS herbal treatment reversed my dad condition. His quality of life has greatly improved and every one of his symptoms including difficulty in walking and slurred speech are gone. Their official web site is ww w. naturalherbalgardens. c om He will be 74 soon and can now go about his daily activities

    ReplyDelete