Tuesday, December 28, 2021

A Place Prepared

Daily Gratitude Year 9- Day 362: Today, I am grateful for a place prepared.

One of the the sweet delights of the holiday season is seeing all of the decorations in the homes of family and friends. When someone takes the time to make a space festive, those who enter feel the welcome. It doesn't have to be over the top or extravagant or expensive. The most humble décor can express a special kind of love when a space is welcoming and inviting. 

I think about the night Jesus was born. A stable does not seem a proper place for the birth of the King, but it was God's design. We don't know all the details, but I am sure if the innkeeper had a wife or mother in residence, she might have sent out some creature comforts for the expectant mother, even if it was only rags to clean and wrap the child. The scriptures do not say, but I cannot help but wonder. Women are nuts about babies. I know God prepared the space and the place, but not all the details. 

Jesus promised that He would prepare a place for us, too. 

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am." -John 14:1-3

None of us knows when our place and space will be ready. Some will be called earlier than others. Some will see the day of His glorious appearing to take his people home. Until then, we can ponder the place prepared for us and wait expectantly. 

Today, I am grateful for a place prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment