Wednesday, December 1, 2021

 

Daily Gratitude Year 9- Day 335: Today, I am grateful for timers.

In the midst of the holidays, there are many meals and special items to prepare in the kitchen. Timers are a blessing. 

I love the timers on my phone and in the Paprika Recipe App. The oven timer on my 25 year old stove has been broken for years. It is easy to make do when you have many other timer options to assist with any task. Occasionally, I set the timer and forget to turn it on. Scents coming from the oven usually alert me to my error. There are times we can smell something is done, and hopefully, not burnt. 

Timers measure our waiting period. There are times it is harder to wait than others. I am reminded of God's Word to his people about His return.

"God blesses the one who reads the words of this prophecy to the church, and he blesses all who listen to its message and obey what it says, for the time is near."-Revelation 1:3

We are to read, listen and obey. The time is near, nearer than ever before. We don't have to be experts, on prophecy. We are to be familiar with His Word and His Ways. We are called to wait, read and obey. 

My Bible Study group online has started Revelation this week. Some might think it an odd choice for the advent. I think it might be perfect. His timing is always perfect. He is the beginning and the end. 

Because I need a little help, I am grateful for timers.

Today, I am grateful for timers.

No comments:

Post a Comment