Saturday, May 13, 2023

Flower Sellers

 

Daily Gratitude-Year Eleven: Day 132- Today, I am grateful for the flower sellers.

This beautiful potted plant was created by a friend to give a special Mom in her life. I had to borrow the photo! She posted this thought I know several of you already embrace, "You will never see me getting up early to Black Friday shop but I will be first in line at Sunrise Greenhouse to buy plants this morning. It’s important to have your priorities straight."(Thanks, Deanne!) 

You know who the flower sellers are in your neighborhood. Some will end up at local farmer's markets. Some will pitch a tent in an empty lot. We are blessed to have several places to buy flowers here in our little village plus the local "plant ladies and gentlemen." 

Today, I have already been to three places. I am obsessed with my "King Tut" and always have to grab him before he sells out. He is not in the pictured pot... "King Tut" will get his own post later in the summer.  He is a show off by the Fourth of July.  Kinner's for the win on that one. The others had little Tut and another similar plant, but Kinner's Flowers had the King. 

I need to get my hyacinth bean-pod vine in the ground around the mailbox this weekend. It is my Mother's Day tradition. It was a shared seed from Jill Parod. (Thanks Jill... I am still loving and sharing it just like you did.)

My zinnias are a new favorite that were shared by my treasured forever friend, Roxanne. They need to get planted soon.  We did a seed swap a couple years ago and I am delighted to know I have a bit of Roxanne in my garden. 

I have several cherry tomato plants ready to go in the ground.  I love to see the little blossoms that whisper hope until the little tomatoes appear on the vine. They came from our Ace Hardware. 

Kroger is just getting started... I am sure a few will "jump" into my cart there, too. Wal-Mart and Farm and Fleet are two more places to find flowers and seeds. 

"The flowers are springing up, the season of singing birds has come, and the cooing of turtledoves fills the air." -Song of Solomon 2:12

Back to the flower sellers... especially the ones who tend to the inside gardens all winter long...thank you! Because of your labor of love,  we can purchase  your plant babies and give them another chance to grow and bloom.  

Today, I am grateful for the flower sellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment