Friday, May 12, 2023

My Children

 

Daily Gratitude-Year Eleven: Day 131- Today, I am grateful for my children. 

I am so very blessed. They are my heartbeat. 

One of my favorite quotes is on that says something like,

"Being a mother means your heart is forever walking around in someone else's body." 

It is true. 

If they ache, we ache. If they struggle, we feel it, too. If they are excited, we feel it in our bones. If they weep, we weep. If they rejoice, we rejoice. They are grew up (too fast)! They are forever a part of us. What a beautiful thing.   

Of these three, it is actually Emma that I first held in my arms when I was 7 months pregnant with Chase. Only God could orchestrate a plan that would bring Emma into our family. She is a dream come true.

Chase is a bit of a miracle. Babysitting is not parenting. Somehow we managed to keep him alive with a little help from our friends. I have always loved watching him think. Oh the questions he would ask. I still love hearing his thoughts.  His soul is gentle.

Walker is the child we were missing. His wit, wisdom and warmth are contagious. His arrival gave Chase a brother and completed our home. His compassion runs deep. 

The Love of My Life... my partner in parenting... my Randy... everything is better when we are together... especially when we are all together. 

And... I have two other bonus sons... Jill's boys.  Ryan was my practice child and Blake is the one who always reminds me of the value in traditions. 

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb." - Psalm 139:13

Two I carried in my womb. The other three, I felt them kick while their mother's carried them. Sometimes it feels like ages ago, and other times... like yesterday. 

I am so grateful for the gift of children to love. 

Today, I am grateful for my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment