Wednesday, May 17, 2023

I Don't have to Understand

Daily Gratitude-Year Eleven: Day 138- Today, I am grateful I don't have to understand His ways. 

I love to ask questions. I always have. I probably drove the adults in my world crazy when I was little. It is a good thing I was kind of by myself in the middle of my Lindgren and Bess cousins until April, Dawn, Donna, and Angie came along. My aunts, uncles, and older Lindgren cousins were so patient with me when I was little. 

I remember looking at the people around me in awe of all that there was to be learned. I loved to listen to conversations, even when some of the content was beyond my understanding. Learning has always been a pleasure - but there are still so many things I don't understand. 

I love this verse:

"Have you ever come on anything quite like this extravagant generosity of God, this deep, deep wisdom? It’s way over our heads. We’ll never figure it out. Is there anyone around who can explain God? Anyone smart enough to tell him what to do? Anyone who has done him such a huge favor that God has to ask his advice? Everything comes from him; Everything happens through him; Everything ends up in him. Always glory! Always praise! Yes. Yes. Yes." -Romans 11:33 (The Message)

Embrace the questions. Be content, even when understanding is elusive. Trust the One who holds today, tomorrow, and all the tomorrows to come. 

Today, I am grateful I don't have to understand His ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment