Daily Gratitude Year 14-Day 250: Today, I am grateful for the grace in "breaking camp."
I read this passage today and it came alive in a different way than it ever has before. When God says it is time to move... we had better move.
“When we were at Mount Sinai, the Lord our God said to us, ‘You have stayed at this mountain long enough. It is time to break camp and move on." -Deuteronomy 1:6-7a
I dug into the passage a little bit. It was where they were when God gave Moses the 10 Commandments. It is where they felt some spiritual highs and lows. They literally had miracle manna every morning and no one went hungry or thirsty. They did get bored with the menu.
God allows different spaces and places for us to learn to know him better. Whenever it is time to move on from what is comfortable, it is not easy. It does not mean that the next place will not be good or even better. It does not mean the journey will be a piece of manna. Still, when it is time to break camp, we have to trust His hand and His heart.
Today, I am grateful for the grace in "breaking camp."

No comments:
Post a Comment