Daily Gratitude Year 14-Day 255: Today, I am grateful for power in the commandment to rejoice.
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" -Philippians 4:4
There is an old praise chorus that is this scripture set to song. It is easily sung in a round and the children always enjoyed it. There is something about singing in a round that brings something fresh to worship. I love how it starts out with just a few voices and ends in the same way.
It is easy to fall into the worries and the woes as we walk through our day, but we are given clear direction. We are to rejoice in the Lord, not our circumstances... because they can change quickly. His love and faithfulness are steady and true... even when we have troubles.
Our niece, Kenzie, never said she had a problem when she was little. She would say, "I have troubles." I still smile when I think of it, not because it was funny, but because she was so sincere in her declaration. She was independent and didn't necessarily want help. Sometimes, she just wanted an encouraging word until she figured it out. We could almost see her thinking. Then a big smile would come and she would be on her way with a happy heart.
Sometimes we have to sit with the troubles for a bit, but even in trials, we are reminded to rejoice in His faithfulness in all of our days.
"True happiness is to rejoice in the truth, for to rejoice in the truth is to rejoice in You, O God, who are the truth... Those who think that there is another kind of happiness look for joy elsewhere, but theirs is not true joy." -Saint Augustine
Today, I am grateful for power in the commandment to rejoice.

No comments:
Post a Comment