Daily Gratitude Year 14-Day 264: Today, I am grateful for low bowing branches.
"The branch that bears the most fruit bows the lowest."
What is the story behind the branch that bears the most fruit? For most, there was some kind of pruning in the process. It has not been neglected and left on its own. It receives care. It gets cut back at the right time to result in new strength and more fruit at the end of the season.
The branch that bears the most fruit has been tended by the gardener or farmer. It has been watered and pruned. Water is life giving and life sustaining. Pruning is painful, but it forces the plant to become resilient. Pruning makes it stronger. It results in more fruit, but for season it can look sad as it builds a stronger branch.
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." -John 15:5
"Remain in me and I in you." Attached to the vine, we grow stronger. We are sustained in every season. Painful pruning is not punishment, but care. It keeps us closer to the vine. "No pain - no gain" is an exercise motto that encourages athletes to push through the hard days. Press on.
The stronger the branch, the more fruit it can bear. When a branch is loaded with fruit, it bows the lowest which makes it assessible to those who need it the most. The season of pruning in the painful part of the story, but it is what makes the harvest rich and reachable. Loaded low bowing branches feed the hungry.
Today, I am grateful for low bowing branches.

No comments:
Post a Comment