"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood?" -old tongue twister
Some have never heard the tongue twister. It is essential to understanding the humor in this image. A woodchuck is a groundhog. It is the largest of the ground squirrels and is in the squirrel family.
"You are holding tension here in your neck. Just let it go. Nobody really cares how much wood you would chuck, even if you did chuck wood..."
When I saw this I giggled. Sometimes we all need to be reminded to relax. Not every day needs to be a contest or a race to the finish line. Do what you can. Do your best. Then, let the rest wait for a new day. Find joy in the daily doing. Be content with the "enough."
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.” -Colossians 3:23
I love this reminder to do our best and for His glory... not our own accolades. He delights in His children, with all of our quirks and imperfections. We are planted in places with work to do. When we do it with all of our hearts we can know it pleases our Lord.
Today, I am grateful for gentle reminders that your best is enough.

No comments:
Post a Comment