Tuesday, October 11, 2016

God's Okay for One More Day




Daily Gratitude Year 4-Day 283: Today, I am grateful morning is God's okay for one more day. 

"Morning is God's way of saying one more time, go make a difference, touch a heart, encourage a mind, inspire a soul and enjoy the day." -Unknown

That hit me out of nowhere at just the right place. 

"How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you." -Psalm 139:17-19


"When I awake... I am still with you." How I love that line And, He is with us. 

Earworm is singing my favorite line from Amy Grant's "Say Once More" from the Never Alone album...not the later one. It was never a hit but one of my favorites. It has a reggae, A Capella groove that makes me smile. 

"I am Yours, and You are mine


Won't you say once more
I love You in the Bread and in the Wine
Till the whole world knows our love song
I am Yours, and You are mine

On the street, it's hard to find
In the city, peace of mind
Ain't knockin' on nobody's door
And even the countryside can't hide it anymore

People movin' in every direction
Can't take a moment to be kind
The lack of understanding
The pace is too demanding
You could easily lose your mind"


I am a morning person. Can't help it. I know... annoying to some and I really have worked at toning it down a little. I found a convicting scripture that pointed out how irritating it is to people who are not full throttle when they wake up. 

"Whoever blesses his neighbor with a loud voice, rising early in the morning, will be counted as cursing." Proverbs 27:14

By God's grace and nearly 30 years in the making... The Love of My Life has evolved into a morning person, too. In fact... it might be me who is less ready to chat until I have had my first dose of java and Jesus. Our morning moments are some of my favorite of the day... while we are for the moment... fresh and untainted by the days... known and unknown... challenges ahead. 

Morning means...we are gifted with another day. No one is promised tomorrow... so it is always a gift  to be unwrapped 365 days a year.  We are on 283 of 2016. 

He has given us this day... and our daily bread. Manna for today. Be grateful.
He has forgiven us our sins... so we can forgive others. Be forgiving.
He does not lead us into temptation... but, oh... I can find it myself. Follow His lead.
He delivers us from the evil in our midst... one way or the other...He delivers!
He is King... no matter who wins a political race.
He power sustains... today, tomorrow and into eternity.
Forever is ahead... but today is a one-time-only, precious gift. 

What shall we do with this precious gift of today?

Earworm would like to share this link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK8Dndr-x_Y  

Today, I am grateful morning is God's okay for one more day.

No comments:

Post a Comment