Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Level Ground





Daily Gratitude Year 4-Day 291: Today, I am so grateful for level ground.

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God! 
Let your good Spirit lead me on level ground! - Psalm 143:10 (ESV) 

I did not add the exclamation punctuation. It was there in the scriptures. Shout it out. "Let your good Spirit lead me on level ground!" 

Some days are an uphill climb. I wonder as I read this scripture this morning, which of the uphill climbs are for the benefit of my soul... and which of hem are merely the struggles that result from refusing to do His will. Now... that is something I could think on for a long, long time. 

I love a one verse, simple break down. 


TEACH ME... I may not figure it out on my own.
TO DO... There is action required. 

YOUR WILL... not mine.
FOR YOU ARE MY GOD...We are to have no other's before Him. 

! or ; ESV uses an exclamation mark and and the NIV a semicolon. Do we pause or exclaim? Both? Some versions even throw in a colon. Oh... punctuation speaks that this verse is not to be rushed through. We must pause, pay attention and take heed to what it says. 

MAY YOUR GOOD SPIRIT... He is good and will only lead us with goodness. We can trust that, even when His way seems kind of crazy. 

LEAD ME... back to "teach me to do your will". I will submit to a sovereign God.

ON LEVEL GROUND. The benefit of obedience. We can experience "level" in the even the tough stuff.

Good morning, Earworm. Today, he is singing an old Michael W Smith song, "Step by Step".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve720TWDZdg&list=RDVe720TWDZdg#t=10 

 "Oh God, you are my God. And I will ever praise you. I will praise you in the morning. I will learn to walk in your ways. Step by step you lead me. I will follow you all of my days." 

Yes. It takes a little practice. Learning to do his will is not always easy. We are made in His image with our own creative ideas as to how our life's story should be written and illustrated. That is why the bending of our will to His is an important evidence of the relationship. Our God, this one true God, really wants to be our the master designer who helps us to maximize our potential and fully use the gifts he has given us. 

I have never regretted following His lead. I cannot say the same about the times I have rejected his clear direction.  His forgiveness never ceases to amaze me. The depth of his mercy fills my cup and grace overflows. 

With obedience comes level ground. Even in the trials of life. He is good. 


Today, I am so grateful for level ground.









No comments:

Post a Comment