Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sweatshirt Season



Daily Gratitude Year 4-Day 281: Today, I am grateful for sweatshirt season.
Yes. This image cracks me up. I had to share. I love the cozy warmth of a sweatshirt. Who doesn't? Fleece is so user friendly.
Sweatshirts are utilitarian and easy to share. They make great souvenirs on trips... especially if you find yourself needing something warmer than you packed.
How many times have we all borrowed a sweatshirt when a day event turned into an evening, too? It is fun to share and fun to wear. I remember when we were dating, I would borrow one of Randy's sweatshirts. It would smell like him (he always smells good).
Staying warm is a human need. The gift of cozy is more than simply meeting the need.
Scripture reminds us to share what we have.
" If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good[a] is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead." James 2:15-17
Today, I am grateful for sweatshirt season.

No comments:

Post a Comment