Wednesday, September 6, 2017

30 Minute Lunch

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 248: Today, I am grateful for a 30 minute lunch. 

Today, I am going to see a dear friend for a 30 minute lunch. We don't live far away, but our lives are at different seasons and both of our days are full. She is a "newer" friend in my world, only 6 or 7 years of history, but each moment is precious. She is a friend that instantly became an old friend, simply because our hearts so easily connect. 

One of the things I miss most with working full time 5 days a week... is a real, relaxed lunch with a friend or two... or three.  Perhaps, I took it for granted. In fact, I am sure I did. Not any more. 

Sharing a meal is so simple, but so meaningful. 


In the early church, people didn't punch a clock as so many of us due today. They went to house of worship daily and shared time together. They still worked, but there was relationship time built in to the day. It is the way it was. 

They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity—Act 2:46

"And shared their meals with great joy and generosity" I love this line in the passage. Sharing a meal is a key in good relationships. Joy and generosity are perpetuated through this simple act of eating together. 

Some churches still do this every week after church, with each family taking one Sunday a year... or doing it twice a year with another family. What a gift of fellowship! I know a good potluck is something that brings people together. 

Today, it will just be one friend, but my gratitude is full. 

Today, I am grateful for a 30 minute lunch. 




No comments:

Post a Comment